Saturday, September 14, 2013

There's a good man dead...



His name was Paul Butterfield, Jr.

He was a veteran, serving his country in the United States Army.

He had fourteen years of service in with the Michigan State Police.

He was a good man, an honest man, an animal lover, a son, and a finance.

He left behind a grieving father, stepmother, and fiancee.

There's a good man dead...

And the nineteen-year-old punk who killed him lives on.

He's already received the best medical care available in this country.  He will be housed and fed, all of his needs seen to.

If I know cops like I think I do...  he will receive the best care possible, despite the fact he killed... murdered one of their own.

He shot this good man and left him to die on the side of a road.

Why?  We don't know yet.  Maybe because of a stolen car.  Maybe because he was bored.  Maybe because he was drunk, or stoned or whatever.

It doesn't truly matter.  He did it.

There's a good man dead...

And his killer lives on, will continue to live on for a good, long time, compliments of the State of Michigan.

It makes no sense.

2 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

My condolences to the family of LEOs.

Bellezza said...

I agree.

I don't understand.

I'm so sorry.

Xo